Tooting Bec Old Boys RFC (Based in Earlsfield, SW London) are currently looking for an Assistant Coach to join the team for the 20/21 season. This is a great opportunity to grow your experience in coaching and expand community rugby in SW London.
We are a competitive (Surrey League, Division 3) and Highly Social Rugby Club with regular events and a Yearly Tour. In season the club has 3/4 teams competing on a Saturday and a growing female squad / team.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the existing coaching team to; improve / set the game plan, Team Selection, preparation and execution.
- Supporting training during pre-season and every Monday and Wednesday night (training split across Openview, Earlsfield and Clapham Common), organising drills / training formats / with a fun and focused approach.
- Transferring your knowledge of rugby to give the players, teams and club the best chances of success.
Who we are ideally looking for:
- You possess a background in Rugby Union, have experience of playing / training at a high level.
- You enjoy developing others around you and have a strong willingness to support the development of basic rugby skills as well as advanced training and regimes.
- A positive flexible approach and enthusiasm.
What you will get:
- Shared use of the clubs 18 seats at every Twickenham England Home game.
- Financial support from the club in passing RFU Coaching badges.
- Discounted Bar, Events and Tour.
- The opportunity to work with some budding young players playing at a high level.
- Lots of Beer.
To the successful Coach, this opportunity will provide exceptional practical experience and challenge. If you wish to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience and why you wish to apply.